jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2022

Review: Glitterland by Alexis Hall

 


Saga: Spires universe #1

Número de páginas: 384

Editorial: Sourcebooks casablanca. 

Thanks to netgalley for the advanced copy. 



English 

I read this story in two days and had to stay up all night to finish it.

Glitterland is a book that generated a lot of feelings in me. It has a long list of trigger warnings to be aware of before you start reading.

Suicide, anxiety problems, bipolar disorder, depression and panic attacks are some of the topics that are dealt with throughout the story.

I did laugh a lot while reading though, the romance was funny and sweet. Most of all, I liked the way Darian and Ash interacted. Of the two, Darian was my favorite character, as she has characteristics that are hard to find in mainstream LGBTQ books (at least I haven't read many stories that have main characters like that). I also liked Ash, he is an imperfect character, who makes many mistakes, but who you want to support to improve. While reading I only wished that he was happy.

Despite the cute part, the book is also quite spicy, it has a lot of 18+ scenes for those who enjoy this kind of content.

The narrative is simple, but ingenious. At first I had trouble understanding Darian's English. This is not a negative point, my English is not that good for now, but I liked it because I feel that it helped me to improve, at the end of the book I was able to read it perfectly, so it was a very fun experience.

In general I enjoyed reading, I laughed and I was anguished in equal parts. Darian and Ash are an absolutely adorable couple, I'd love to read more about them in the future. Above all, I would like to get to know Darian a little more.

 

 

 Español

Leí esta historia en dos días y tuve que mantenerme despierta durante la madrugada para terminarla.

Glitterland es un libro que me generó muchos sentimientos. Tiene una lista larga de advertencias de activación a tomar en cuenta antes de comenzar la lectura.

Suicidio, problemas de ansiedad, bipolaridad, depresión y ataques de pánico son algunos de los temas que se tratan a lo largo de la historia.

Sin embargo, me reí mucho mientras leía, el romance fue gracioso y dulce. Sobre todo, me gustó la forma en que Darian y Ash interactuaban. De los dos, Darian fue mi personaje favorito, ya que tiene características difíciles de encontrar en libros LGBTQ mainstream (al menos yo no he read muchas historias que tengan personajes protagonistas así). Ash también me gustó, es un personaje imperfecto, que comete muchos errores, pero a quien quieres apoyar para que mejore. Mientras leía sólo deseaba que fuera feliz.

A pesar de la parte linda, el libro también es bastante picante, tiene una gran cantidad de escenas +18 para quienes disfruten de esta clase de contenido.

La narrativa es sencilla, pero ingeniosa. Al principio tuve problemas para entender el inglés de Darian. Esto no es un punto negativo, mi inglés no es tan bueno por ahora, pero me gustó porque siento que me ayudó a mejorar, al final del libro pude leerlo perfectamente, así que fue una experiencia muy divertida.

En general disfruté leyendo, me reí y me angustié a partes iguales. Darian y Ash son una pareja absolutamente adorable, me gustaría leer más de ellos en un futuro. Sobre todo, me gustaría conocer un poco más a Darian.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por leer y no olvides que este blog se alimenta de tus comentarios!! *-*